Thursday, May 26, 2011

Everyone Has a Calling!

I usually talk about knitting here, but I wanted to share something from Oprah's last show, What Oprah Knows for Sure.  It is a video, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to embed it here in my blog. 

Last week, I decided that I was going to knit baby sweaters because I enjoy making them.  I have lots of yarn that has been given to me over the last 2 years.  I have a free pattern, the basic newborn sweater, I have a desire to help little ones.  A hand knitted sweater is like a hug from someone far away.  My husband and I have talked for years about getting a big house and taking care for foster children.  It is a big part of our "Lottery Dream".  We live with relatives so it is not possible at the moment, but it will be possible someday.

Have you signed up for  Love Modesto?  They are taking sign ups for until June 19 for the June 25 Event.  This is a great opportunity to help others in our community.

"Embrace the Life that is calling you."-Oprah

Much Love to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment